Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am Inspired !!!

It was a lazy saturday morning.. Had a pretty loong night yesterday. So ended up gettin up really late. around 12.PM.. he he.. For guys who dont know me, I am a typical lazy, unorganized procastinating couch potato.. So the very first thing I did was freshened up, grabbed the days' paper and switched on the TV... Was jus flicking through the channels, and there came Spiderman 3.. just wanted to see the stunts all over again so left it onand was also running through the days headlines on the newspaper..
The Movie was on in full swing with all the special effects, graphix and stuff, which I was intermittently enjoying.. The Movie was almost over andthats when our Spidey passes on a statement --
"Whatever comes our way, Whatever battle rages within us, We always have a choice to make...Its our choices that make us who we are, And we can alwayschoose to do whats right!"
All of a sudden, something struck my mind.. I found the statement so powerful that I ran through my DVD stack, played Spiderman 3 again, just to hear the statement again. For some reason, it got registered in my head !!!
Choices... Ever wondered the number of options God had always offered you..Ever bothered to rethink the choices that you have made till date???.. You chose an option which has defined what you are today !! Whoa !! If you ever think of it that way, it sounds so huge, but when you are actually faced with multiple options, the choice that you make mostly, are based on the immediate benefits are short term happiness... It may or may not be right at a later point in time..
I should also agree that there will be times when life does not offer multiple options, and you are left with no choices but forced to pick one that comes your way.. And thats the real challenge. Even though the choice is yours, you may not have the option to choose right !!
Personal turmoils can always hinder sane decision making abilities .. Lifealtering choices should never be taken under pressure. Faith in self should guide you in taking decisions..But I firmly believe that If one always wishes good for himself and for others the choices that he makes eventually may turn out to be right !
So Mr. Spidey, I beleive that we alwaya have the option to choose what isright.... But i must say, It was indeed a powerful statement.
Cheers..
Ash.....

7 comments:

Dhiman said...

Talking of choices you know sometimes I look back and try to figure out where I would been if I selected a different option than the option which I selected but then I feel whatever was the choice, it was for ultimate good and may be always it was not the best choice but still at that point of time I chose what I felt should be chosen...
very though provoking post ...

Unknown said...

Hey that reminds me of the time when i literally had no choice in life and i had to go with the 1 left..but ya ultimately thats the best thing happened to me till date...and il say i had the option of choosing this only option left..now i know thats a confusing statement but i luv to do that so Mr. Spidey is right "I beleive that we always have the option to choose what is right....

Bala said...

Wow! What a fantastic and inspiring post sonny. You have grown far beyond the one we know, both in thought and deeds. True it is always we who have to chose the path we take. May be that is why we never pressured you and your sis about the curricular and extra curricular paths you chose, much to the chargin of many of those around us. Glad you chose the path you were comfortable with, and oh boy! have you proved to be right!

More than what you have written you have disclosed through the picture posted. Almost always we get two choices and the right one is what we all try to take. But sometimes we happen to take the wrong choice, may be out of pressure, or out of emotions- but the EXIT option is always there for us to choose. But that decision to take the exit option is what decides our success in life, even if we have taken the right decision.
Quite an inspiring post.
keep it up
Love
Achan and Amma

Vardhan said...

I too got inspired :)

Ashwin said...

@Dhiman >> Even I had the confusion all the time.. Never could decide if the choice i had taken is right or wrong... But watever has happened has brought me this far....

Ashwin said...

@ Sweta >> EVen i had to make a few of the choices coz i was left with no options, but those were the right ones at that time, though I feel it could have been a bit better at a later point in time...

Yeah ur statement was confusing, but ultimately that was the idea !! Wink Wink...

Ashwin said...

@ Dad >> Thanx a ton dad.. I still appreciate the freedom u gave in Chosing our own path with no pressures and no compulsions..

Thanks again...

@ Vardhan >> Am happy tht the post was of some use.... he he...