Saturday, June 27, 2009

Remember the Time... JAckO !!!


"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave the world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with" -- Micheal Jackson


Browsing the Internet at 2 in the morning, after a long hard day at work, one doesn't expect anything dramatic...leave alone earth-shaking. One look at CNN website and I was jolted out of my sleepy mood...the breaking news ticker said Michael Jackson, the absolute King of Pop, had been rushed to hospital after collapsing in his rented Bel Air mansion. I sat up straight, said a tiny little prayer but I feared the worst. And so it was. Soon all the channels were saying the same thing -- the King was dead.

I am Upset...it's as if someone I knew, someone real close to me, had died. And he was CLOSE...I've literally grown up listening to him...first as the Jackson Five and then as MJ...he rocked my world.
I remember vividly my dad bringing me the a triple casette pack of MJ "History"(no CDs back then) from one of his trips. I played it morning, noon and night on my Philips deck. I used to continuously play all my favoraite .....Billie Jean, Beat It, Wanna Be Startin Somethin' BAD, Earth Song, Heal the world (one of his best ever) and Thriller, of course.
Sing he could but dance...There was no one who could bring the stage shows alive as much as MJ could !!! He was a God on stage and crotch-grabbing was the only move that I could pull off when on the floor. He had created a charecter of his own by his sense of style -- red leather jacket and glitter glove on the right hand -- and I would want to remember MJ like this for ever...

As for the scandals, that's what sets the stars apart from us mortals. I definitely do not want to remember Jacko for the Scandals he got himself into, but as the creative and genuine Musical Maestro who set the wholw world danve to his tunes !!!!

I along with my close friends had decided to pay Ode to the King of pop in our own way possible.. We went out on a looong drive late in the night with the Car's audio system loaded with MJ's songs and we drove around the entire city playing his songs remembering him for his contribution to the world of Music !!!
Will Miss you Micheal !!!!

3 comments:

Bala said...

How very true-an Icon who could never live the life of an icon.Asimple soul made complex by the pain he had to go through with a Dad who didnt like even his sons face, psychophants who succked on his wealth while building insecurities and imagined phobias within him. A man who loved the world with his heart but whom the world never loved beyond his music
may he RIP

work_of_fiction? said...

Now he can do the walking on the moon itself. He practiced and perfected when he was here. They say all good ones die young. RIP King Jackson.

Ashwin said...

@ DAD >> How very true... No one including me loved him beyond his music.. :(

@ Work of Fiction >> I guess the gods up there would be having a rocking time up there with MJ bringing in fun to their regular lives.. :)