Thursday, April 30, 2009

Know Yourself Better

This is a loong pending post... Amrit had tagged me in... So here I go.. Letting myself off..
I tagging a few of my buddies as well.. Deepthi, Zack, Dad, UL, Nikki.. Guys.. Plz try it out.. Its interesting... :)
My Responses >>>

1. Were you named after anyone?
Guess my previous post would explain that … Wink...!

2. When was the last time you cried?
Excuse me.. Guyz don’t cry… Bet this is passé…. Apparently it was last evening itself. I was watching Taare Zameen Par.. The last scene, where Ishaan gets the award, I didn’t even feel like struggling to hold back the tears. It was a direct hit at the heart !! And I bet, even the most stoic person would shed a tear or two… :)

3. Do you like your handwriting?
Love it.. Except when I am completely bored.. It gets really ugly…

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Prawns.

5. Do you have kids?
Nope..

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
If I were another person, I would have definitely been ‘Good Friends’ with me as I am a very buddy buddy kinda guy…

7. Do you use sarcasm?
Yes I do. Use it a loot to tease friends.. No harm intended though !! But its fun...

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes! No idea why this questions figures in here....

9. Would you bungee jump?
Oh yes, Very baaadly! I never got a chance to try it out have been wanting to do it …

10. What is your favorite cereal?
Rice…I guess… …

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Always…. I Neva take em off without untying them.. The only reason behind it being the fact that it would be equally difficult to put them back on the next time with the laces still tied!!

12. If you were to pick your own first name, what would it be?
It would definitely be Ashwin , again…

13. What is your favorite ice-cream?
Chocolate. All time hit in my case....

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
What kind of shoe, and what brand of Watch is he/she wearing.. Believe me it gives a loot of info on the Personality of an individual. The next thing, of course is the way the individual speaks…

15. Red or Pink?
RED.. I hate anything to do with PINK… it’s a personal thing..

16. Whom do you miss the most?
Ma nephew…. Aryan…

17. Do you want everyone to complete the list?
Yes.. I would definitely expect the people I forward the List to complete it…

18. What color clothes are you wearing?
Faded Blue Jean + White Short sleeve Tee .. :)

19. What are you listening to right now?
Illusions and Dreams – Poets of the Fall

20. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Black…

21. Favorite smells?
Hugo Boss – SOUL and also.. Fuel - Petrol, Fresh Paint, and Fresh Coffee on a rainy day… Whacky choices huh…

22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Silly question !!!! Anyways it wouldn’t be of any use here…

23. How do you know the person who sent this to you?
Well, he is my Colleague, my buddy the guy who inspired me to restart this blog which I had almost let it go !!! Thanx a lot mate…

24. Favorite sports to watch?
F1 and Moto GP... The only sports which deserve my precious time before the TV... :)

25. Hair Color?
Black

26. Eye Color?
Brown

27. Do you wear contacts?
No…neither glasses

28. Favorite Foods?
Mexican Red Wave Pizza – with extra cheese and a chilled Coke

29. Scary movies or happy endings?
Depends on the mood!

30. Last movie you watched?
The Day the Earth Stood Still

31. What book are you reading right now?
The White Tiger – Want to find out why d hell it won the booker prize.. :)

32. Summer or Winter?
WINTER alwaays !!

33. Hugs or Kisses?
Both are needed but if I have to chose one, I would prefer a “I am there for you, always” Hug over a Kiss… Waiting with my arms wide open.. ;)

35. Describe your pencil cup?
My company’s coffee mug got became my Pen- stand recently… A White cup with a huge Logo of my company all across the mug !!!

36. Favorite Artists?
Darren Hayes, Nickelback, Poets of the fall, Eagles, Linkin Park, Akon …

37. What kind of music are you into?
Rock, trance, and Hip-hop

38. What is on your mouse pad?
I use the touchpad..

39. What did you watch on TV last night?
The making of Departed, Followed by the Lonely Planet on Travel and Living ………..

40. Favorite Sound(s)?
A Yamaha R1 roaring its engines in the First gear, A Mclaren Mercedes F1 car zipping towards the finish line.. Aah !! Heavenly Bliss !!!

41. Do you sing or play an instrument?
I only sing when I am in the Mood.. I used to play the Keyboard.. My mom still abuses me for giving the hobby away half way through !!!

42. What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
I had a chance to visit Taiwan and Hong Kong in the recent past.. Till date the farthest point from my hometown in Trivandrum, Kerala

43. Do you have a special talent?
I have no idea if it’s a special talent or not, but I have this amazing ability in me to go and spend my time and money on things which I actually never wanted !!! Trust me.. I never learned from my mistakes… hehe…

44. Where were you born?
In a small and sleepy city >> Trivandrum, the Capital of Gods own Country…

45. Favorite piece of jewelery?
A simple , Thin Platinum chain

46. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
Sob sob.. Yet to find the perfect match….

47. Favorite Song?
That’s definitely not a fair question to ask !!!

48. Favorite Musical Movie?
Sound of Music

Phew.. Finally.. Man It was a loong one.. But Worth it.. I tell you.. Some of these questions did really get me thinking...

Cheers...

7 comments:

Tattoedmominthegreenscarf said...

Hey..giving a shot at giving the answers to the questions ! Between..loved the theme of your blog..gives the feel of going through a good old book!

1. Yeah me..Anyone born after me and named 'Deepthi',obviously they take up after me.. I set the benchmark ! ;)

2. Errrr...hmmm... 2 minutes ago.. was cutting onions for dinner ;).

3.I do... but i am not too sure of what others think of it!

4.Fish..any kind

5.I aint married yet... not a reasonable answer i agree..but nevertheless.. !;)

6.I would probably find a place for myself in another planet. Only i know how much i am struggling to get to know myself !

7.Try going through my answers and figure it out.I hate to admit my flaws ;)

8.Do i still have what?Since i never knew it existed in the first place, i am sure i wouldn't know it even if its lost!

9.Life is definitely making me go through a whole lot of bungee jumping !

10.Anything which has the cute cartoon pictures on the cover !

11.Err.. with sandals.. not possible!

12.No way ! This way i atleast get to blame my parents for ny first name ;).

13.AS long as it's ice and cream..i really dont bother about the color!

14.Hey.. u took up my answer !!

15. Can i go with black?

16.My mind !

17.I wouldn't be doing this otherwise!

18.errr.. pass.....next one please.

19.My puppy gloriously snoring away!Seriously i never knew that dogs snore..untill i got Hobbes home!

20.Blue.

21.UDV.. been my perfume for the last 7 years.. cant get over it ;)

22.my mom..

23.My friend ... right from school..

24.F1..

25.Check it all out in my orkut profile:)

26.Ditto

27.No

28.Not a discriminating foodie.

29.Happy movies with scary endings!

30.hmmm....err..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

31.A book for my presentation at work !

32.Summery winters!

33.Are u sure you dint make this one up to woo all the single girls out there ?? :P

34...Hey.. 34 is missing!

35.Since you have skipped 34.. as a protest i am skipping directly to 42 ;)..PS: the answers to the skipped q's are too easy ;)

42.Bangalore ;)

43.I myself am a very unique talent and living with myself is the rarest talent i have ever mastered till date!

44.Hospital in Kannur

45.Diamond ring.. :D

46.Wonder if there is any..!

47.Skip

48.Skip..

Phew.. Finally i made it !!! :)
Good one!

Ashwin said...

Hey thanks a loot gal.. Had researched a loot to find this theme... (Hardwork finally paid off...) BTW.. thanx a ton for ur time.. seems intersting.. responding to a few eye cathcy responses... :)

1 >>> I bet loooads of famous personalities are to b named aftr you....

8 >>> Even i cudnt understand the logic of this question... ;)

14 >>> Cool.. good to know there is someone hu thinks on the same lines and is as finicky as i am ab these things... haha...

16 >>> My Orkut tagline sez the same too.... :)
23 >>> Friends frm school.. sounds like aaages bak huh gal??


24 >>> F1.. wow.. i neva knew tht F1 interested you gal... :)

29 >>> Happy movies with scary endings?? he he sounds kinda like ma life story at present !!!

33 >>> haha.. trust me Gal.. i dint do anything like tht..the intention was very pure.. :)

Once again.. thanx a ton gal... Cheers and keep posting...

Anonymous said...

finally you completed it!!! it did help me to know u better...and u know how self-obsessed I am...so I liked answer no 23 the best...yet again :)

Shamrez Zack said...

Completed and published in my blog... Thanks for tagging :)

UL said...

hey thanks - give me a few days, will do it, I promise - really enjoyed this getting to know you part - would love to hear ammavan's answers too...and whoa, you keep changing your page on me...really like all of them...esp. the one i saw on friday.

Vardhan said...

3. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes...I love my hand writing as much as my teacher hated it.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
I am a vegetarian not bcoz I love meat, but for the reason that I hate plants :)

5. Do you have kids?
The Indian movies have taught me that one needs to be married to have kids.

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I will hire some one to execute him...As I said "I am unique and want to be unique"

7. Do you use sarcasm?
What I am doing answering this shitty Qs here??? anyway answer is NO.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Can you be little more descriptive? I can's understand this medical lingo!!!

9. Would you bungee jump?
Sure...I need a parachute too and the height should not be more than 10 mtrs.

10. What is your favorite cereal?
Rice…

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Never...I am a lazy bum

12. If you were to pick your own first name, what would it be?
I will need to go through the encyclopedia first...

13. What is your favorite ice-cream?
Chocolate

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Dress

15. Red or Pink?
RED..

16. Whom do you miss the most?
hmmm...my granny

17. Do you want everyone to complete the list?
No...This is bullshit

18. What color clothes are you wearing?
Red T Shirt, Khakee shorts and Red ....

19. What are you listening to right now?
My own cursing...for touching this

20. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Dark bluish smooth lemony burgundy deep reddish brown lite orange purple mixed with lite bluish dark lemony burgundy smooth reddish brown mixed with lite bluish... it goes like this completing all sorts of combination available. I am a simple guy...

21. Favorite smells?
Smell of sand when it rains....hmmm I love it...

22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
It was my Vodafone agent asking me to pay the bills that are pending since 3 months...

23. How do you know the person who sent this to you?
No he did not send....it's my mistake... I screw my selves some times like this...

24. Favorite sports to watch?
Woman's WWF, Tennis, Beach volleyball

25. Hair Color?
Black

26. Eye Color?
Brown

27. Do you wear contacts?
Yeah I wear both contact lenses and spectacles...I have such a high side defect that when my friend wore my specs he was able to see the pebbles on moon.

28. Favorite Foods?
Whatever I can get with in 3 feet of my desk.

29. Scary movies or happy endings?
I like the actual Scary movie 1-4

30. Last movie you watched?
HANGOVER

31. What book are you reading right now?
"Learn to read in 30days"

32. Summer or Winter?
Rainy seasons

33. Hugs or Kisses?
Depends on sex age and relationship of the person.

35. Describe your pencil cup?
What is a Pencil??? I know Key board and mouse....Can't u ask some non techie questions plzzzz.

36. Favorite Artists?
Da Vinci...I have his original painting..

37. What kind of music are you into?
any music...I just love music...

38. What is on your mouse pad?
generally mouse...but I use the touch pad..

39. What did you watch on TV last night?
"Rakhi Ka Swayamvar"....I am waiting for the first night scene

40. Favorite Sound(s)?
Windows shutting down after office hours.

41. Do you sing or play an instrument?
I sing while I play my guitar.

42. What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
Office in ITPL

43. Do you have a special talent?
I am weird...

44. Where were you born?
Hospital

45. Favorite piece of jewelery?
Any thing that is not bought by me

46. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
Well....yet to meet...I thought at least some Qs I answer sincerely

47. Favorite Song?
Refer Q 37...I love any music...so too many songs...

48. Favorite Musical Movie?
Shankara Bharanam...Telugu

Okay...Now Ashwin...what the heck is the conclusion...doest this questionnaire tell any thing about me? Now I understand why you got "D" in Market Research.

Rahul Korrapati said...

hey vardhan..this is simply awesome dude...u should really start some tv shows..i was laughing my ass off while reading your answers..three cheers to u..