Wednesday, April 1, 2009

F1 2009 !! The Game Begins...Again...

The Formula 1 2009 season has begun with a bang on the 28th of March. Every year I anxiously wait for March for the F1 season to begin. As Usual, it had to be the Australian GP (Melbourne)which kick started the 2009 season. At times, I always wonder, Y does Australia always get the chance to kick off the season... But whatever, the excitement levels were at an All time high with the change in rules, the exit of Honda, Hamilton being the Champion, Richard Branson entering into the sport and so on....

Speed, fast cars, glamour and of course babes :), are things which used to excite me right from the time GOD decided to put some senses into me.....F1 was all I needed.. It had it all.What ever I needed culminated at one point in F1... I want to express my gratitude to Mr. Bernie Ecclestone for bringing to life the most exciting sports ever.

Have you ever dreamt, what it would feel like to sit at the Cockpit of an F1 car where more than a 1000 horses are revving at the rear of the car, dying to go wild at the slightest tap of ur feet. Can you imagine the Adrenaline rush at the time when the engine propels both you and your car from a standstill to a 100 MPH in just under 3 secs.This is something which i always wanted to feel, but know for sure, I may never be able to experience it. But hey,no one can stop me from dreaming or even better, sit behind the wheel of my Dad's car and think there is a supercharged engine under the hood !!!
But believe me, the view from the driver's cockpit is absolutely exhilarating. Being at the start Grid along with 19 other cars, all of em waiting to tear the tarmac apart, the moment the Light turns green! Every time and in every race, this manages to give me goosebumps, imagine what the driver would be going through! The head rush would be awesome. It always ends up as a battle filed at the first race corner,as this is what decides who is gonna lead the pack.

For those hu do not enjoy or follow F1, this sport may be just about a few identical looking cars running around in circles. My mum always used to curse me for filing up the living room with loud roaring of engines, and a never ending commentary, add to this sudden spikes of excitement in my voice,which was shrill enough to make the next door neighbour's dog runaway.. :) I have tried over a hundred times to make her understand the sport, but alas..all my attempts failed miserably... For her it still remains a colossal waste of money, coz its just cars which run around in circles.
But for those who love the Sport, there is nothing exciting than a RACE weekend !! as the practice, Qualifiers and the RACE happens on a Friday / Saturday and a Sunday.. What more can I ask for.
My fascination with F1 began when I was in class 10th. I never knew anything particular about the sport, apart from the fact that there was a Micheal Schumacher and there is a blazing Red Ferrari. I too was never able to understand the sport much, but since I was fascinated by the sport, it just used to keep me glued to the TV screen. Here I also have to admit, I also used to feel nice in flaunting the fact that I follow F1 (which for me sounded very classy), rather than be the " I am craaazy abt Cricket" kinda guy. :)

As my interest grew in this sport I started understanding the Nuances behind it. I had begun to realise that its not just a matter of high speed. There is a loot of strategy that goes behind each team. What Tyres to use during Qualifying round, Number of times to head for the Pit Stop, Volume of fuel to be filled into the tanks, the gear shifting ratios, the aerodynamix of the car etc etc.. the list goes on. I began to enjoy the game a loot better after I could understand the nuances much better. And believe me its fun top predict which car will head into the pit lane, How many seconds of fuel will go into the Mclaren, which team is planning to change the tyres and so on.. The involvement of race strategy used to make me feel that this sport is unique..It involved looads of thinking and strategising rather than jus lapping the circuit.
There are different types of Motor Sports, like the World Rally championship, The A1 GP, Motocross etc, but nothing has excited me as much as F1. Probably its the panache and the style plus the involvement of Automobile majors like Ferrari, McLarens, Mercedes, BMW etc made me a die hard fan of F1.
My ultimate dream now is to watch an F1 race live in Monaco, coz thts the second track in the world where the race actually takes place on the streets. No separate tracks are built for it..... will be an experience of a life time.
How much i hope, tht instead of me sitting and writing this blog about F1, Wat if i were a Louis Hamilton, or a Micheal Schumacher, or a Fernando Alonso, and there was some other chap working in a software company wastes his time and writes a blog about me... he he.. But alas.. reality bites !!! :) I know for sure, I might have completely bored all you people hu are least interested in the sport, but hey this is one thing tht i really love.. So expect more on this, later !!
Till then, Drive wild, Drive crazy (4 the females), Drive safe on the roads !!! Let the God of speed lead the way !!! Cheers...

No comments: