Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not an Ordinary day !!!

A Smiling Face doesn’t indicate the absence of Sorrow, but it only indicates that they have ability to Deal with Them.... I just realised how true this statement is...

It was a regular day at office.. The same old Solution Document preperation, the endless discussions to arrive at a Solution, so tht i could tweak the response, deadlines,escalations so on and so forth...

Enough for any guy to loose his senses.. Adding to it the fact of me being equally pissed from morning for some other reason..

It was already 9 in the night.. I was riding back home, praying to reach home ASAP.. All I needed was a wonderful cup of tea, and my muzik collexxion to tak e me to a world far far away....
Phew.. finally home sweet home.. This was the last thought that ran in my head just before I entered the main road !! I am in the main road and Voila.. I have got myself into a wild and crazy collexion of Buses, trucks, Autos, bikes and cars all of em honking wildly to make their way through a heavy traffic... It ususally is never this crowded at this time of the night... The last thing I wanted after a baad day at work... Greeat !!!

Soon even before I could realise, I too added to the already sky rocketing decibal levels by honking my shrill horn to find my way through the traffic...I felt a bit guily for abusing a guy for blaring his horn some time back and now I am doing the same.. Sheesh !!!
My Mood was going from Bad to worse to Mad !! All of a sudden,a well dressed, educated elderly man, jus jumped out from the side of the road asking me for a lift.. I was about to abuse him for his recklessness, when he passed on a Wonderful smile, apologising for his mistake.. The warmth and genuiness in his smile made me forget everything.. And we were off.. As it was the highway, I did not bother to ask him where he wanted to go, neither did he bother to tell me.. After a couple of minutes of uncomfortable silence, I decided to break the ice, and started complaining about the traffic, the weather, and all the trivial stuff jus to keep the silence away.Little did I realize that I was cribbing too much.. The man answered to all the questions calmly, with a smile on his face all the time.. Not once did he get irritated.. I later realized that even My temper had sobered down ...

As soon as we reached Lifeline Hospital, The gentleman asked me to stop the Vehicle.. I will get down here Boy.. Thanks a loot son.. he said, again with a warm smile on his face..I couldnt resist myself from asking, what he was doing at the Hospital at this point in time... And beleive me.. I wasnt ready for his answer.. He said he had a Son of my age who has been admitted in the ICU for the last One week.. He had run out of cash. His debit cards were not working in the ATM with in the hospital.. His vehicle didnt start, so he hired an Auto to the nearest ATM some 5 KM frm the Hospital.. (The place where I picked him up from). since none of the Autos were ready to take him back in the traffic, he had to hitch a ride with me !!!
I was spellbound.. Here is a man who's son is in a critical condotion at the hopital, His ATM card dosent work, His Car wont Start, The Autos wont take him back to the Hospital when its urgent.. Inspite of all this he alwaays managed a pleasant smile on his face, Was not cursing or cribbing about what ever was happening around him..And Here I was who was snapping at anything and everything around me just coz I had a hard day at work !!!
After the man walked into the Hospital, I still stood there watching the man walk in, trying to digest what he just said... Thts wen i realzed the power of smile and its healing power... I dont even remember the name of that Gentleman, but what he taught me in those 15 min that he was with me, is something that I will cherish my entire life..
I bet your Son will be perfectly fine pretty soon..
Cheers...

9 comments:

UL said...

you were a great samaritan...well done, hope his son feels better soon....a very nice account, thanks for sharing.....btw -not sure if you noticed, but your tag is done..

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashwin...thats a great gesture..you would have got loads of blessings!!!

And if u remember...we talked about this that we crib so much in life when we face petty issues in life...and there are people who face so much in life and still dont crib.

whatsoeva....so will I see different Ashwin now :)

Ashwin said...

@ UL >> Life has soo much to offer.. Guess one never realises it... Bey.. Thaanks a loot for completing the tag.. :)

@ Amrit >> I know dude.. Things we face are soo trivial when compared to what many people face.. I dont know if u will c a different Ashwin.. But definitely a much more composed one.. :)

Shamrez Zack said...

Dude... A very thought provoking and intense post...

Such incidents make us realise how blessed we are and how special our days are...

Cheers...

Ashwin said...

How true Zack.... All of us are indeed blesssed... :)

Snehal Vaidya said...

A very innocent & a nice read.. Inspite of knowing that if we keep the reqd patience & take things as they come even with a slight grin.. we keep bickering most of the times!! I think grown ups need a teacher time & again to make them realise the unseen tupidities that they might be committing... As a matter of fact only if we compare our situations with those of the worst.. is when we feel we are at a better postion & thank goodness for the same!
Though, i do not know as to how many ppl including the writer will actually remember this incident & will make an effort to control the same!!
The battle lies betn calmness & bickering.. remembering the fact that both lead to cool mind in the end.. Its just wot path you tchoose to keep it thanda... thanda... cool... cool...
Cheers,
Snehal Vaidya
Though, I do not know as to how many ppl including the writer will actually remember this incident & make an effort to control

Snehal said...

Guess the end part after the name has appeared by mistake.Pls ignore it.

Ashwin said...

@ Snehal >> Thaaanks a loot gal for the though provoking statements... :) U were perfectly right on the adults needing a teacher.. How true !!

But I bet this one incident alone will nt change or redifine Mine or anybody else's life... Its when one comes across several such incidents, that he realises the true value of his own life..

Only time can tell us if staying cool all the time can take u places.... :)

Cheers...

Vardhan said...

Hi Ash, Nice post...At times we need a divine intervention to learn some thing which we already knew. Keep posting.