Monday, February 8, 2010

Was that Me.. ???

Well.. Saturday evening.. A time when everyone feels like partying, hanging out with some friends, basically freak out. And here I was at my home lazing out to an extent where my house maid quizzes me why am I sitting at home and not going anywhere..

In fact I was just spending time with myself, and activity which I follow once in a while. Suddenly I get this urge to head out of home, aimless, without any purpose. Just took out my vehicle and headed for a place called ‘Broken Bridge’. This is one of the most secluded places close to Elliots beach, a place rarely visited by many just because of its isolation. It’s a perfect locale for those interested in photography, the reason being its scenic beauty. This was exactly why even I decided to go there.

Yes, Photography is always something which has always excited me and to an extent I believe I should devote certain amount of time for things that keeps my mood upbeat. I believe if I put a little additional effort towards it, I can actually do a better job of it.. But never devoted that additional time...

I have always been this guy who procrastinates things to an extent where the excitement certainly does down.So here I was on a move to change my perception about myself. A task pretty difficult considering the fact that the person in question is me ! :)

Armed with my digital camera and my ever supporting companion, my IPOD, I reached my destination. It was around 5.40 in the evening, with the sun gradually beginning to resign for the day. The sight was just wonderful. A bridge jutted out towards the sea, which is broken half way, which is why the name, the sun setting down giving an orange shade to the entire sea, the waves making that never ending noise on the shore, as if inviting me towards the sea…

I was surprised to find out that I was enjoying the time with myself. With the IPOD playing one of my favorite tracks (Lift_ Poets of the fall), and the camera lens let lose to capture what ever I felt could make some sense. I didn’t even realize that I had spent close to and hour and a half all by myself at the beach clicking pictures and being with self. I just loved the time I spent away from family, friends, bothering thoughts and other excess baggage in my mind and do something which I actually enjoy. Somehow, this thought came into my mind that I was indeed enjoying a date with myself… J

After reaching back home and retiring to bed, as soon as I closed my eyes, I asked myself “ Was it indeed me?” I am not aware of the answer at present, but would definitely love to do it again..

This was one of the pictures I clicked after the sun had set and the waves were getting a bit rough...

Cheers.. Kash !

4 comments:

Sh@s said...

The description that u gave of the beach was pure heaven. For quite sometime even i have been thinking of having such a getaway n my recent post talks bout it. I liked ur idea of having a date with self. Will try it someday. Had there been a beach here i would have not jus visited but haunted that place every weekend... :D

The pic is awesome. The vast sea with a golden hue, its so magical n welcoming.

Keep writing. Its always a delight to read ur posts.

Ashwin said...

@ Shas... Coming from you, I am humbled by the appreciation.. Thanks... :)..

Believe me, the scenery was indeed worth the effort.Please do not wait for it.. I think just do it once.. Spend some time with your self.. and trust me you will love it.. The idea of a "date with myself" was just a thought that occurred to my mind when I realized I actually enjoyed the time.. hehe...

Would suggest take time out and do visit the lovely parks in and around the city.. Well thats my next plan.. :)

Thanks again for dropping by... And hey, thanks for the suggestions on Flickr... :)

Cheers
Kash...

HaRy!! said...

post more pics... will that help ?? nice!!broken bridge...hmm!

Ashwin said...

@ Hary .. Welcome to my space .... Wil definitely share my flickr link once I upload the pix ....

Do drop by... Thanks...