Monday, May 7, 2007

Kerethannoor !


Kerethannoor lake. One of the most scenic places close to Mysore. This place is around 45km from my college (Read below for details). The best part is the roads that take you to this wonderful place. Almost three fourths of the distance is the Mysore - Bangalore Highway itself. The rest one fourths is through well maintained village pathways. One can actually test his vehicle's limit on these roads (especially the initial 3/4ths) as all u can see for miles is the long winding, broad tarmac, truly a bikers' heaven.

I have heard a lot about this place from my friends right from the first term but could never manage to go there. It finally happened in the very last and final term, when all of us planned a trip to the LAKE PLACID. There were around 16 guys on 8 bikes. It was an awesome ride to the lake. The route also has some real adventure packed roads as u reach the lake. One can find the broad roads narrowing down to walkways in a sugarcane farm.Also the smooth tarmac gradually morphs itself into boulders and i feel only experienced bikers can cross this section. After crossing this small hurdle the road finally leads you to the lake. As soon as you reach the lake one cannot help noticing the hills that surround the entire lake. The view is just amazing.

The first thing i did as soon as i reached the spot was take out my camera and click as many photos as i could. We reached thee by around 3.15pm. All my friends were eager to rush towards the waters for a quick dip, but there was nothing that could distract me from my photo sessions... By 3.30pm everybody was in water having fun. The loud noise and the splashing of water finally caught my attention and i immediately put my camera away and jumped into the water. The water was freezing. The first few seconds felt as though i was being pricked by a thousand needles all over, but it got better after some time.

All the guys and girls who knew swimming were the ones who had fun to the max. I was not so lucky. I tried my level best to stay afloat in water, but failed. But that didnt stop me from having my share of fun. I too enjoyed a lot.

All of us were in water till 5.45pm. The sun began to set gradually behind us. Thats when we decided that it was time to leave. The view of the sun setting into the lake is mindblowing. Even though none of us were in a mood to leave the place, we had to as we had girls along with us. So by 6.30pm we were all set to leave.

We left the place with loads of wonderful memories in our minds very well aware of the fact that we may never get a chance like this again. The ride back to college was exciting. As soon as we reached the Banglore - Mysore highway we just opened the throttles. It was a straight strech ahead of us. On the way we all took a break at the Mangalore Fishland, one of our most famous hangouts.

By around 9.15pm we were back at our college. This will be one of the best trips we had and will always be cherished by me!!!

1 comment:

UL said...

Very nice, beautiful sunset, seems like college was lots of fun for you :)